A recent study shows that most online consumers or around 97%, use online media when searching for products and services – even if the purchase is made offline.
What does that mean for you – the business owner? It means that more than ever, being online matters. The research phase is a critical time for connecting with potential customers. But many businesses cannot be found online. In fact, not less than 70% of small businesses globally does not have a website at all. Is your business in that 70%?
What stopped you from creating a website? Maybe your business has plenty of customers. Maybe you don’t sell anything online. So, why should you bother?!
A website can help potential customers find your store location and hours of operation, find your telephone number or email address, learn about your products and services, read testimonials from customers which can help establish your credibility and learn about special offers and promotions.
These information can help even the smallest most locally-based business connect with more customers online.
Think of your website as an open-for-business sign on the internet but, unlike your business, your website is open 24/7.
“Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.”
– James Cash Penney
- How much do you want to spend? Here’s a great tool to get an estimate on how much it would cost to build a website by our incredible team at Ako Philippines – COST ESTIMATOR.
- How comfortable are you with the computer and teaching yourself new technology-based skills?
- How often will you update or change your website content?
There are a variety of paid and free website services for getting your business online quickly. They may give you a library of designs to choose from and include tools so you can edit your website easily. You can even use these services to build an e-commerce website for selling products online.
If you don’t have the time to do it yourself or prefer something more customized, consider hiring a website developer. In the end, you want a website that uniquely represents your business and that you are proud of to share with your customers.
1. Your business information is available online 24/7 for your existing and potential new clients to see. You don’t have to bother answering repetitive questions about your business.
2. Reach more potential clients. With your website your reach is, well, global.
3. Gain more legitimacy. Nowadays, whether you like it or not, customers expect a legitimate business to have a website.
4. Save money. A website is really a very cheap marketing tool for your business given its global potential reach. With your website, your business reach is at your finger tips without spending too much.
5. Your competitors have websites. It would be harder for your business to compete if your competitors have established an online presence through their website. Customers in your industry finds them first because they search online – that’s the hard truth.